So apparently there is this well known app called the ‘The Wonder Weeks‘ that features a calendar timeline of when a baby is going through developmental ‘leaps’. How did I not even think about this with my first child. Granted she was a fairly easy baby but none of the mamas I met had mentioned this. Anyway this phenomenon is a bit of a tease actually. It tells me when baby girl is going through a leap which could result in stormy moods…but there is nothing to really do about it. So yeah we are on the 4th leap and it is freaking long. According to the app it is about a whole month…but but I am almost at the end of it.
One thing that did happen with this leap is object permanence and POOR SLEEP! This mama is sleep deprived guys. I mean she has a routine..goes to bed easily at 7pm. But wakes up every 2-3 hours to nurse..and I am okay with that. What I am not okay with is her wriggly restlessness from about 2ish till about 530ish AM…as in middle of the night/morning however you see that cup. I see it as torture hours. I mean this baby cannot settle or relax. She is not hungry, not cold, not hot, not uncomfortable. If she is in her crib next to me she lefts her two feet up and SLAMS them down over and over. If she is next to me she is smacking me and rocking side to side. So yeah try sleeping through that. Then she settles by 530ish falls asleep till big sister wakes us up around 7ish. Baby girl wakes up with a big giant smile. How can I not forgive her! Now to work on our peek-a-boo game.
In other positive news…these two girls are in love with each other and I for one am a super happy and grateful mama for that development. Sophia tiptoes into our room every morning asking to play with Zoe (gets sent back to her room if its before 730am lol). And Zoe just lights up as soon as she sees or hears her big sister. It is all worth it!
There is always coffee…
Some of the milestones baby girl has completed in this fast but crazy month:
- Holding her toes..this girl holds them like its a job. As soon as her feet are bare..up they go and those little hands find them and hold on fast and strong. SO CUTE!
- Rolling back to front and front to back…she has days were all she does is roll and days were she couldn’t be bothered. I don’t blame you kid.
- She still hates tummy time but her neck strength has gotten so good…and she uses her core only when motivated
- Crawling…too soon baby girl…she buries her head down and scoots her little butt forward..usually motivated by catching her sister or to reach a toy
- Food…this kid already shows great love for food yay! Watch out for your plate Sophia
- Babbles, giggles, chatter, bubbles, drool, happy screeches…this kid is going to be as chatty and bubbly as big sister
- Sleep regression…sadly this is on the list. As I mentioned above, she wants to know I am near but she also gets restless and wriggly from 2ish till 5ish am. She still naps like a boss and goes to bed perfectly with or without our routine. She just keeps me up those middle of the night hours and renders me exhausted. Please sleep better baby girl.
Meanwhile big sister is back on track to being sweetest toddler in the world and is currently obsessed with everything Christmas, sushi, puppies, curly hair, and her baby sister. Life is pretty good.